The aim of this course is to educate and inform staff about modern day terrorist threats in incoming mail and front of house operations. It is designed to equip attendees with the necessary skills for intelligent suspect package recognition and subsequent risk management.
- Threat assessment, profile of a terrorist and typical methodology
- The different types of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- Detailed make-up and construction of an IED
- Recommended actions to be taken upon the discovery of a suspected IED (as taught to the Police)
- Information required by the emergency services
- Chemical, Biological & Radiological (CBR) devices and materials
- Recommended actions to be taken upon discovery of suspected CBR devices or materials
- Specific information regarding a CBRN incident required by the emergency services
- A confirmation exercise
- Prevention and detection measures
Who should attend?
- Staff with responsibility for risk management, contingency planning, facilities management or security management, including front of house staff and security personnel
- Staff tasked with the responsibility for handling incoming mail from postal operators or private carriers, such as front of house staff, post room staff, security personnel, receptionists, internal messengers, secretaries, personal assistants and porters