The aim of this Suspect Package Training course is to educate and inform staff about modern day terrorist threats in incoming mail and front of house operations. It is designed to equip attendees with the necessary skills for intelligent suspect package recognition and subsequent risk management.
Suspect Package Training:
- Threat assessment, profile of a terrorist and typical methodology
- The different types of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- Threat – A general overview of the current threat, threat levels and how they may affect business
- Recent and historical postal attacks
- Recommended actions to be taken upon the discovery of a suspected IED
- Information required by the emergency services
- Recommended actions to be taken upon discovery of suspected CBR devices or materials
- Specific information regarding a CBRN incident required by the emergency services
- Method of attack – potential methods and types of devices
- Effects of explosives – this can assist clients with determining evacuation procedures
- Prevention and detection measures
Who should attend?
- Staff with responsibility for risk management, contingency planning, facilities management or security management, including front of house staff and security personnel
- Staff tasked with the responsibility for handling incoming mail from postal operators or private carriers, such as front of house staff, post room staff, security personnel, receptionists, internal messengers, secretaries, personal assistants and porters